Moderna is working to launch the coronavirus vaccine in collaboration with the National Institutes for Health. This biotech company named Moderna has developed 150 COVID vaccines out of which only 20 are in or close to clinical trials.
Henry Ford Health System, a Detroit- based health system is the only site in Michigan to offer drug during Phase 3.
According to the report published by Henry Ford Health System COVID trial, it is in need to recruit 30,000 volunteers across the country to receive the vaccine which is going to be administered via two shots. The vaccine contains mRNA, a genetic code that triggers the production of protein and is believed to aid the immune system by producing antibodies against the virus.
Also, informed that the study participants in the double-blind trial will get a 50% chance of receiving a placebo instead of the vaccine. Unlike, other vaccines that do not contain the actual virus as informed by the hospital team.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA TO PARTICIPATE IN VACCINE TRIAL
- Participants to be 18 years and above and free of illness or conditions that will interfere with the immune system.
- Those who have already suffered from the infection are not allowed to participate.
- Each person who would participate will be paid $1000 if he/she completes all the necessary visits.
- The trial team wants to recruit those volunteers who are at high risk of exposure to the virus, senior citizens (65 years and above), and people with pre-existing medical conditions who are stable during screening time.
- Participants will be given two injections with a gap of 28 days, need to visit the enrollment center about 7 times, and talk to the study organizers about once a month in 2 years.
- To check the efficiency of anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine on COVID-19 patients as President Donald Trumptakes this drug as an effective treatment for the same. This urged the researches to do further studies on the work of the anti-malarial drug in the body of COVID-19 patients.
Thus, the interested volunteers can visit the website www.henryford.com/ModernaVaccine and if contacted by the hospital, they have to finish their enrollment in Detroit at the Henry Ford Health Hospital Emergency Department.
Hence, all the experts working in this research study aimed to assess and monitor the volunteers for COVID-19 symptoms or about the production of antibodies. During the time of the study, if any of the volunteers get diagnosed COVID positive then the hospital team would ensure to give extra care to that patient.
RESULT OF PHASE 1 & 2 OF MODERNA VACCINE TRIAL
More than 600 participants participated in both the phases which showed: –
- FIRST PHASE-The drug is safe.
- SECOND PHASE– The drug triggered an immune response.
- THIRD PHASE-Researchers will tell whether the antibodies will successfully prevent the people from getting the virus.
- SIDE- EFFECTS- Sore arm, redness, and low- grade fever for a short span.
STAY SAFE! STAY HEALTHY! STAY TUNED!