Hair fall is the most common problem and we always look up for the ways to get healthy hairs. Excessive hair loss often cause worry especially for women. However, you can control hair fall if it diagnosed at the right time.
Extreme hair fall is a reason for concern but you don’t need to spend hefty amount in fact a regular diet and hair care routine to control hair fall is a long and dedicated process. Several generations have tried and tested many solutions to hair fall. Here we can discuss all the methods to control hair fall.
Sometimes hair loss is temporary and sometimes they are permanent. Less hair is often the only sign of hair loss.
Sign and symptoms of hair loss are listed below:
- Gradual thinning of hairs on your head- It affects both men and women. In men hair often begin to recede from the four head inner line. Women have hairlines on their forehead but have a broadening of the part of the hair
- Bald spot
- Thinner ponytail
- Patchy hair loss (alopecia aerate) – This type of hair loss affects the scalp, but it occur in beards of eyebrow
- Sudden loosening of hairs- It cause hair to loosen handfuls of hair may come out when combing or washing your hairs and tugging
- Full-body hair loss- Some medical treatments like chemotherapy for cancer can result loss of hair of all over body and hair usually become grows back
- Patches of scaling that spread over the scalp- It may be accompanied by broken hair, redness
Risk factor: Factor that can increase risk of hair fall are:
- Family history of balding
- Continuously weight loss
- Medical condition such as diabetes, cancer etc
Tips to avoid preventable type of hair loss:
- Avoid tight hairstyle such as ponytails, buns etc
- Avoid twisting rubbing and pulling your hair
- Treat your hair gently while brushing or washing
- Avoid harsh treatment such as curling iron, hot rollers etc
- Avoid drugs that can cause hair loss
- Stop smoking
- Avoid use of hair cosmetics that contain harmful chemicals
- Massage the scalp with pure coconut milk is beneficial for hair growth
- Drinking juice of alfalfa, along with carrot and lettuce juices helps to prevent hair loss and lengthens hair
- Protect hair from sunlight by wearing a cap
- Use homeopathy option for the treatment of hair loss
- Eat food item which are rich in iron
- Avoid using blow dryers, curling rods on wet hairs as they actually boil hot water in your hair shaft and make them brittle
Hair loss happens by many factors and it is extremely important to know the reason before applying remedies for hair loss. Thinner hairs and hair loss affects both men and women. Here we can explain various reasons.
The most common cause of hair fall is a genetic condition. Hereditary-pattern baldness starts with thinning and often progresses of hairs to complete hair loss on parts of the scalp. Hairs on the pillow, comb and floor of room or bathroom are symptoms of hair loss. A non-bald person loses 100 hair per day, and more hair may fall out under various circumstances, like after childbirth or a serious illness like cancer. It is a natural condition not really a disease caused by some combination of genetics, hormone levels and the aging process.
Hair loss from stress doesn’t have to be permanent process. If it continues, then talk to a doctor about a prescription or over-the-counter remedy for hair growth. Stress can push hairs follicles into a resting phase; they don’t produce new stands. Over a time they can fall out even if you can combing, washing or touching it. Again meditation and yoga can proved to a good stress booster.
Stress can occur in many conditions. Few reasons are listed below:
- Alopecia aerate – If suddenly loss of clumps of hair in your scalp causes a lot of hair fall. In this condition immune system of your body is weak which cause hairs to fall out.
- Trichotillomania – It is mostly found in teenager. It is caused by stress and anxiety when someone pulls out his/her hair without realizing it.
This cause can lead to scratching. This can injure one’s hair follicles, break roots and irritate the scalp and hair to fall out. Dandruff also cause irritation and weaken hair follicles. It is a sign of unhealthy scalp and more prone to breakage. It has been formed from the dead skin that are built on the scalp. When dead skin shed from the scalp and turns into dandruff then the scalp begins to shed a layer of dead skin particle. In this way your scalp lost natural oil and skin dries and forms flakes. Therefore natural oil is missing so the hair roots become weak and thus heavy hair fall occurs.
The condition that can cause both dandruff and hair fall are Fungal infections, scalp psoriasis, Folliculitis decal vans, Lichen planopilaris.
Hair loss can also be caused by hormones or pregnancy, disease which can be influence hair’s growth and shedding phases. During pregnancy when a mother giving birth to its child, it’s normal to lose a significant amount of hair as levels of hormones plummet and circulating growth factor. This can cause hair life cycles, so lots of hair falls out at the same time, leading to perceptible hair loss.
Meditation and Supplement
Hair loss is due to many side effect like cancer, arthritis, depression, heart problem, high blood pressure etc. If a person receive chemotherapy treatment he or she may lose all hairs within few weeks after the treatment gets started. But hair starts regrow within couple of months once this therapy finished. Birth control pills also causes hair loss.
Deficiency of Vitamin D is another cause of hair loss. Vitamin D plays stimulating new and old hair follicles. Eat food items that are rich in iron like cabbage and spinach. Fish oil, B- complex vitamin, vitamin C are beneficial for hairs. It could be possible when essential nutrients may be missing in your diet.
Aloe Vera is most effective home remedy for hair loss and it is very essential to boost hair growth. It is very effective in reducing problems of scalp like itching, flaking and it reduce dryness. It works an excellent conditioner to eliminate dryness. Aloe Vera has a vital role in balancing the pH level of your scalp and penetrates deep into your scalp.
Steps to apply Aloe Vera:
- Take Aloe Vera and extract the pulp.
- Apply it to your hair on scalp and leave it for 40 minutes.
- Rinse with normal water. You can do this twice a week.
Onion juice- Onions contains anti-bacterial properties that helps to fight scalp infections and improves circulation of blood to the hair follicles. It manages the hair fall and promotes hair growth.
Steps to apply onion:
- Grind the onion and squeeze out the juice
- Dip the cotton ball in the onion juice and apply it to your scalp
- Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash it by using normal water
- Then use shampoo to wash your hair
- Follow this once in a week at least for a month to control hair fall.
Amla Hair Mask –
- Make a paste of powdered amla in water
- Grind 8-9 Tulsi leafs with a little water and mix this paste into the amla paste
- Apply this paste on your scalp
- Leave it for 25 minutes
- Rinse your hair with mild shampoo and cold water
Egg helps to promote hair growth and it contains sulphur, phosphorous, selenium, iodine, zinc and protein.
Following are the steps to apply egg:
- Take one egg in a bowl and add a spoon of honey and oil like olive oil
- Make a paste of it and apply it all over from roots to tips
- After 25 minutes wash it with normal water and use mild shampoo
- You can do it twice a week and gets wonderful effect
Coconut contains fatty acids and reduce Protein loss from hair. It can be use anytime-either before or after wash. It improves the health, luster of hair and promotes hair growth and can be used for centuries. You can apply directly in your hair for better result. In fact you can use any other oil which will give almost the same results.
Following are the steps to apply coconut oil for Dandruff free:
- Pour a few drops of organic coconut oil in a bowl and place it in a container with full of water
- Put it on the stove to warm the oil and turn off the heat
- Apply this warm oil on the clean scalp with your fingers
- Massage the oil in circular motion in your whole head
- Wrap your hair with a shower cap
- Leave it for 1 hour and after this wash your hair with warm water
- Repeat the same process for 3-4 times a week to reduce dandruff
Tea Tree Oil for Dandruff
Tea Tree oil controls sebum production and restore damaged scalp. Add five drop of Tea Tree oil to half cup of essential oil and massage it on your scalp to control dandruff. Tea tree oil moisturize and nourish the scalp and eliminate the dryness.
Tea Tree Oil for itchy scalp.
- Take 10 to 15 drops of tea tree oil in a container
- Put vegetable oil and mix them
- Then massage this mixture on your scalp directly
- Regular use this remedy will surely heal a dry, itchy scalp
Listerine for Dandruff
Take an empty spray bottle and fill equal quantity of Listerine and water in it. Wash your hair with shampoo. Then split this spray on your scalp and leave it for three minutes and wash it with cold water.
Follow below steps to apply it on your hairs:
- Squeeze out the juice of lemon
- Mix it with yogurt and tea tree oil
- Apply it over your scalp
- Leave it for twenty minutes and wear a shower cap
- Wash it with anti-dandruff shampoo and conditioner it
- Use it once a week for amazing result
lemons are rich in Vitamin C and helps to clean the scalp and unclog the hair follicles.
- Squeeze a fresh lemon to get the juice
- Add honey and mix well
- Massage your scalp at least 20 minutes
- Then wash with shampoo and water
- Repeat the process twice a week and notice the effect
Baking soda is not only anti-bacterial but also for anti fungal agent. It can help to restore natural moisture balancing on the scalp.
How to apply baking soda in your hairs:
- Make a paste of baking soda and water
- Then apply directly on your scalp
- Leave it into your scalp for about 10 – 20 minutes
- Wash with water and you will get amazing result
Rice water for natural hair growth
Rice water is very beneficial for hair. It promotes hair growth, increase shine, nourishes the scalp and protect hair from damage. It improves hair elasticity and smooth-ens the cuticles which helps the strands of the hair not to tangle.
How to apply rice water in your hair:
- Place half cup of clean rice and water in a container
- Leave it for 40 minutes in room temperature so that nutrients are obtained from the rice
- Strain the rice water and add 4 drops of essential oil
- Apply water to rinse your hair
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is used to improve scalp health, strengthen hair. Apple cider vinegar is made of fermentation process. This process enriches the solution with live cultures, minerals and acid.
Home remedies of Apple Cider Vinegar solution for dry scalp. Follow these steps:
- Mix half cup of water with half cup of apple cider vinegar
- Use this to massage your scalp
- Leave it for 20 minutes
- Rinse your hair with shampoo
Papaya promotes hair growth and it prevent blading. It is rich in vitamins, minerals, and enzymes. It acts as natural conditioner and becomes our hair soft and smoother.
Steps for applying papaya mask:
- Blend papaya and remove the seeds of raw papaya and mix with half a cup of yogurt
- Leave the paste on your hair for 20 minutes
- Wash your hair with rinse water
Green tea helps to boost hair growth and rich in antioxidants. It prevents hair loss
How to apply Green tea in your hairs:
- Soak 2 or 3 tea bags in one cup of hot water
- When this water cools down then pour it on your scalp and hairs
- Massage your head gently
- Wash it with cool water after an hour
- You will get the result within a month
Beetroot juice- Beetroot are very essential for healthy hair growth and rich in vitamins C and B6, betaine, etc. It acts as detoxification agent which helps to keep the scalp clean.
Steps to apply beetroot:
- Boil 8-9 beetroot leaves and grind with 4-5 henna leaves
- Apply this paste on your scalp and leave it for 20 minutes
- Then wash it with warm water
Neem Leafs Pack
Neem leafs is an effective herbs to treat hair loss. You can apply Neem leafs paste on your hair for encourage your hair growth.
Follow below steps to apply Neem leafs paste on your scalp for healthy hairs:
- Grind and boil Neem leafs to form paste then apply it on your scalp
- Wash it after 25 minutes
- Repeat the procedure twice a week and monitor the result you will love it
It is very important to take healthy diet to maintaining healthy hairs. A healthy diet can help your hair to stay strong and shiny. Healthy hair is the sign of beauty.
It is the main cause of hair fall. You use spinach, vitamin A, vitamin B and proteins in your diet. It is a natural conditioner for hair and provides us with magnesium, potassium and calcium. These helps in maintaining a healthy scalp and shiny hairs. It also contains sebum.
It contains vitamin A that improves hair growth and deficiency of vitamin A may lead to dry and itching scalp. It improves blood circulation, strengthen the hair, and protect hairs from damages. It also aids to avoid breakage of hair.
It is one of the best food to consume for optimal hair health. Eggs are the best source of protein. It contains zinc selenium and other healthy nutrients for hair. Eating adequate protein is important for hair because hair follicles are made up of protein.
It contains enough beta-carotene which our body converts it into vitamin A and it is good for hair. It may assist in speeding up the rate of hair growth and helps in sebum production.
It is one of the most hair-friendly nuts. It contains omega-6 fatty acid, rich in iron, zinc, vitamins and proteins. It helps to promote hair and you will get healthy hair.
It have large amount of nutrients which may promotes hair growth. Seed includes vitamin A, zinc, and selenium. There widest of nutrients and best to consume mixture of seeds like sunflower, chia seed, flax etc. Seeds also contain omega-3s, vitamins which may promote hair growth.
They are one of the most important source of hair growth. It contains zinc which helps to support hair control and recycle growth. A lack of zinc in diet may cause hair fall so zinc supplement can reverse the effect of hair fall due to lack of zinc deficiency.
These are good source of zinc like oyster which promotes the hair growth and repair recycle. Beans provide many more hair-healthy nutrients such as biotin, iron, folate which are highly versatile and inexpensive and regenerate our hair growth. It is essential for optimal hair health and become healthy hair.
It is rich in nutrients and stable in many peoples diet. Meats are rich in protein. Protein in meat helps to repair hair and promotes hair growth and strengthen hair follicles. Red meat is rich in iron that helps red blood cell to deliver oxygen to all the cell in the body. Deficiency in protein and iron may cause hair loss. Meat is essential for healthy strong hair and repairs our hair.
Hair loss is one of the most dramatic problem in worldwide. There are many causes of hair loss which includes stress, mineral deficiency, population and genetic.
Following are the tips that can be used in daily routine:
- Scalp massage with essential oil
- Enrich diet in Proteins
- Avoid brushing wet hairs because chance of hair loss increase
- Rub onion, garlic, ginger juice in your scalp but try once in a week
- Keep your head sweat free because due to sweating chance of hair fall increase
- Avoid constant heating and drying because constant heating and drying can lead to weakness and fragility that cause hair fall
- Keep away from chemicals because harsh chemical and hair colors can damage our hairs
- Hot oil massage on your scalp using your fingertip. It increase your blood circulation and enhance the strength of roots of your hair
- Apply Aloe Vera juice or gel on your scalp for healthy hair. Aloe Vera removes the dead cell from your scalp
Using egg white and curd on your hair to prevent from hair loss. Egg promotes production of keratin and prevents dandruff.