Getting a perfect bodybuilding workout plan and diet to meet the desired goals can be quite daunting without thorough research. Planning and dedication are the two main factors that can help you build a body like a professional without any personal injury. It is important to plan the days of a week you want to dedicate to achieve your targeted objectives. Also, know the right workout program and diet plan that can help you gain muscles.
If you are one of those who have just started up building the body, then this blog post is for you. Here you will understand that hitting into the gym is not just enough. For better results, you need a complete guide on best bodybuilding tips for men.
The blog post is divided into three parts to help you know the corrective ways in no time:
Topics we cover in the article
- Set Your Goal
- Strengthening of Muscles
- Focus on your Overall body
- Take Professional Advice
- Warm Up your Body
- Start with Stretching
- Develop Upper Body
- Cool Down your Body
- Eat Healthy
- Adequate Sleep
- Calculate Calories that You Need in a Day
- Eating Good Carbohydrates is Important
- How Many Grams of Protein A day to build Muscles
- Items to drink & Eat before workout
- Items to Drink &Eat after workout
If you are in a young age and want to enhance your personality or physical appearance, then bodybuilding is one of the best ways to change yourself. You should not expect huge development over day & night. The entire process needs your time, dedication, and enthusiasm. Muscle mass will calmly build over time, but make sure you have that sort of patience. Here are some basic tips for bodybuilding:
If you’re a beginner and want a great body through a workout, then you should focus on your goal. Setting realistic goals can help you reach the desired point without any distractions. All you need is the right direction and dedication. Since you can’t achieve anything in a day or two, be sure to concentrate on building your muscles, increasing your metabolism, and generating your energy via bodybuilding workout program.
Improving your muscular size & strength consistently should be your topmost priority. This means that if you select the weight load that you could do for comfortable reps, then you should go for it. Don’t rush for heavyweights. Barbells & Dumbbells are good & easy ways to build muscle, especially for a beginner.
First think of the movement that most people focus on biceps curls, leg extension machines & random isolation exercise. While this is completely fine, it is best to focus on big compound movements. Building the overall body should be your goal and to achieve that you need to work on many muscles at the same time. This will give you the biggest stag and let you to lift heavyweights in a correct posture. 80 % of your training should come from compound movements while the remaining 20 % comes from isolation movements.
If it is your first day in the gym, there are a lot of things you should keep in mind. It is obvious to feel motivated and excited when you hit the gym for the first time. You might feel like performing heavy lifting like a big man but this is the wrong approach. Instead, take suggestions from the trainer in your gym. Ask them that what exercises you should perform and how to start as it is your first at the gym.
The first thing to do when you enter the gym is stretching. Stretching is one of the most important things because before performing any exercise you need to get your muscles ready. Secondly, you need to make sure that you are not suffering from any to joint pain.
These are some stretching exercises like rotating neck 4-5 times clockwise and 4-5 times anti-clockwise. Next for your shoulder 5-6 times rotate clockwise and 5-6 times rotate anti-clockwise. This will let you know of any shoulder or neck pains you might be suffering from. Similar to wrists 4-5 times clockwise & 4-5 times anticlockwise. Some of the known benefits are:
- It helps in extending the range of motion
- Improves flexibility & protects from physical injury
- Reduces stress
- Boosts more confidence
After stretching, the first exercise to perform is push-ups& pull-ups. Each exercise is a very useful exercise for your upper body development. These exercises you should do if it is your first day in the gym. To perform according to your capacity, you can do 8 to 10 reps. Make sure you should do a maximum of 10 reps on the first day- no more than that. Always, keep this thing in mind whenever you hit the gym.
After performing these exercises, do 2 to 5 minutes of stretching to cool down your body. Also, you will face muscle soreness after performing these exercises. However, it does not mean that you have done any wrong exercise. When you come the next day, your soreness will be a little less and it will get reduced with each passing day because the muscles get used to exercising.
After your workout, you need a clean & healthy meal within 20 -30 minutes. Now after 20-25 minutes, you can consume a meal rich that has carbohydrates as well. You should include some fast as well as slow-digesting carbohydrates. This includes Sweet potato, Oatmeal, Cottage Cheese, Eggs.
Proper sleep is obviously a very important thing not just for bodybuilding purposes, but for overall health as well. It’s going to keep your mood and energy level maximized. It’s going to improve your cognitive function, your concentration, and gives you motivation. In terms of bodybuilding, there is a lot of specific benefits of at least 7-8 hours of proper sleep as well.
You will be doing 5 compound movements that you must perform especially for muscle building. Many skinny people in the gyms who are trying to put on muscle mass need to understand the importance of the right movements while doing exercises. However, many people go to the gym and performing random exercises that are not as effective as they look on the internet.
Add these 5 exercises to your weekly schedule. These compound movements are very useful for overall strength building along with muscle building.
It is an ideal workout for the overall development of your back. These are some following instruction.
- Firstly, when you lift the bar, the grip should be a little wider than shoulder-width.
- While lifting thing you will keep your chest lifted and core tight, this will keep lower back safe.
- Before starting, release the pressure from your knees and avoid bending over 45 degrees.
- Also, keep your chest lifted and core tightened with a stiff body.
- Now, lift the bar up towards your lower abs, squeeze your upper back, and slowly release the bar.
- When you release the bar, you are doing it slowly& breathe out when you lift the bar.
- Squeeze your Lat & upper back muscles properly so that the working muscle can work even better.
- Your muscle mind connection while performing this exercise should be good.
- Also, when you release the bar you do not have to release it forward as this causes lower back strain.
- Leave the bar normally, hands being free, and just lift towards your lower abs squeezing your upper back.
The second compound exercise is the king of all exercise that is barbell squats. This particular exercise has a lot of benefits like it increases the hormonal level in the body and also increases the overall lung capacity. These are some following instruction.
- Firstly, put the weight on your neck with care until you lift firmly.
- Make sure your shoulders are parallel to your feet and should be width apart.
- Keep your toes facing a bit outward and your knees should follow in the same direction when you sit.
- Before starting always remember to keep your core tight & chest lifted. While going down do remember that you need to take the load on your heels instead of your toes & go down slowly.
- Don’t forget to take your pelvic bone backward and go down very slowly. Make sure your toe should not cross your knee.
- This exercise will also help in the development of your glutes, hamstrings, lower back, upper back & core muscles.
It is one of the best exercises when it comes to developing your pectoral as well as your upper body. It is good to do this exercise with heavy weights but keep your position accurate or else you could harm yourself. The rep numbers should be around 8-10 if you want to achieve positive outcomes. Here are some important instructions mentioned below:
- When you lie down, the first thing you need to do is form an arch in your back, enough to fit your hand underneath you back.
- Throughout the set, you need to place your feet on the ground neither on the bench nor in the air as this provides better balance and aids in performing the set.
- The distance between your hands should be a little wider than your shoulder.
- Make sure you keep your shoulder muscle retracts when lifting the bar and keep your pectoral muscles tightened.
- Slowly put down the bar from your shoulder and then repeat the process.
- Be sure your pectoral muscles are stretching out while the bar is down and squeeze a bit when you lift.
- Your muscles’ mind connection should be intact in every rep so that you fully use the pectoral muscles.
- It will also put some pressure on your triceps and give you multiple benefits.
The fourth exercise is great exercise is your upper body and especially shoulders. That builds the upper body and boosts performance. These are some following instructions:
- Firstly, the grip should be a little wider than your shoulder width.
- Tighten your core and pull out your chest when you begin this exercise. Don’t forget to keep your elbows a little inwards.
- Push the weight bar above your head.
- Stay there for a second, squeeze your shoulder then release it slowly.
- Lift up the bar again, breathe out Try to perform this in a controlled way so that you can better involve your shoulder muscles.
- One thing you need to check is that when you bring the bar down your elbows shouldn’t swing too much.
- So, the next time you plan a workout schedule, especially shoulders.
The last exercise will help you a lot to build your strength and along with that, it will help you put on muscle mass. These are some following instructions you need to consider:
- Before starting you need to see where you should be standing.
- You always stand at the point where the bar is at the center of your feet.
- Next, the feet shouldn’t be too wide apart or too close to keep them at a normal distance.
- Take both your hands down alongside the knees and hold the bar.
- Before starting, your chest should be lifted, core tight also glute and hamstring muscles should be stiffened.
- Lift the bar up and stand straight but a lot of people go way back which is unnecessary and causes strain on the lower back.
- Slowly taking the bar down while keeping your chest lifted and keeping the bar close to my legs.
- Also, you cannot move your neck too much while performing this exercise it should remain neutral at all times.
- It is a bit difficult but it is a very useful exercise so do include it in your weekly schedule.
Do Include These 6 Compound Movements in Your Weekly Schedule.
Believe it or not! Your eating habits play a vital role in building your muscles. It is important to keep a close eye on what you eat and when you eat while focusing on gaining muscle weight. Having a balanced diet will not only help you build muscles but also assist you in shedding a lot of weight. All you need to do is to understand your body’s specific eating requirements and create a customized diet plan accordingly. Here is a complete guide on your diet plan for bodybuilding:
Calories are units of energy. They are a measure of the potential energy, stored in the chemical bonds within the food that we eat. We extract this energy through digestion, & use it to perform various daily functions.
It is important to utilize your consumed calories if you want to lose weight or build muscles. On the other hand, make sure you need to how much calories you need to consume.
It’s approved to increase your calorie intake by 10% for those men who are focusing on building their bodies. For example, if you take 2400 calories per day, you should eat 2400 calories per day (2400 x 0.15 = 240) during your bulking phase.
As you lose weight in the cutting phase or gain weight in the bulking phase, you will need to maintain your calorie intake monthly for changes in your weight.
Cutback your calories as you lose weight in the cutting phase&boost your calories as you gain weight in the bulking phase for continued progression.
Carbohydrate is the primary fuel of your body. It gives you the energy to work out in the gym or to do your daily activity for the whole day. But if you eat more carbs, then you need to burn in a day, otherwise, it will convert into fat.
If your goal is to build muscles, then your carbohydrates intake should be 2 grams per body weight. Suppose your weight is 90 Kg then multiply 2 into 90 which is equal to 180 grams of carbs in a day.
Suppose if you are eating three meals in your whole day, divide these 180 grams of carbohydrate intakes into to 3 portions. It is good to take 60 grams of carbs per meal a day.
If your goal is to cutting phase then your carbs are taken should be 0.5 gram per body weight. Your weight is 90 Kg then multiply 0.5 into 90 which is equal to 45 grams of carbs in a day.
Apart from counting portions, make sure you prefer good carbs over bad ones to achieve your fitness goals. Instead of eating processed foods, refined sugar, flour, potatoes, and butter, focus on such carbs that can keep you fuller for a long time.
Here are some carbohydrate sourced foods:
- Brown rice
- Sweet potatoes
- Whole wheat bread
- Kidney Beans
Protein is made up of amino acids which are the building blocks to muscles. Some bodybuilders to this day believe in a very high protein intake like 1.5 or 3 grams of protein for every pound of body weight.
Remember this always if your goal is to build muscles then your protein uptake should be 3 grams per body weight. Suppose your weight is 90 Kg then multiply 3 into 90 which is equal to 270 grams of protein in a day.
Suppose if you are eating three meals in your whole day, divide 270 grams into 90 grams of protein per meal. This means you need to include 90 grams of protein in your breakfast, lunch, and dinner to get the most out of protein sources. You can eat the following :
Whey Protein: It is one of the two proteins that are present in dairy products.
- Cottage cheese
- Chicken breasts
- Soya protein
Your goal is to bulk up & build muscles or burn fat while preserving muscles before performing any exercise. One of the best pre-workout drinks is caffeine such as black coffee or green tea. Both are the most popular pre-workout drinks because they can boost your metabolism and help you burn more calories.
We want the food to be easily digestible so we are not lifting with a full stomach & feeling sick. Here are the best pre-workout meals that are very effective for getting your energy levels really high for your workout.
Banana is a great source of energy. It is easy to digest the pre-workout meal that can keep you energetic throughout the workout session. They have possible health benefits that can fight against blood pressure, Asthma, Cancer. They have packed with carbohydrates & potassium which supports nerve& muscle function.
Brown rice gives energy & quick explosive energy. It is counted as a good carbohydrate. You can also eat white rice if they are boiled. Keep a close eye on the portion you are eating. Moderation in your eating habits can make things pretty easy.
Oats can also keep you fuller for longer because they provide soluble & insoluble fiber. They also contain B vitamins which are the vitamins responsible for converting carbohydrates into energy. They have high energy levels are kept consistent through your workout, meaning you can train harder for longer. A good meal would be owned some through almond milk, regular milk & some protein powder.
It gives you some more energy before your workout. This is the best pre-workout meal in the form of a solid lean protein source.
This is a quick, easy & convenient way to get your pre-workout meal. They help control weight. One slice of bread is an excellent source of carbs. Add some hard-boiled egg for a protein-packed snack or some low-fat turkey.
This is a killer combo. The fruit is full of carbohydrates while Greek yogurt packs a protein punch. Compared to regular yogurt, Greek yogurt has almost double the protein, fewer carbs & half the sodium.
Here are some benefits
- Improves focus
- Builds stamina
- Boosts motivation
- Fills energy
- Increases mind muscles connection
Having protein shake within an hour after exercise to fuel muscle growth. Resistance training increases amino acid delivery to muscle as well as absorption.
Building muscles isn’t just about protein you will need to get some crabs well and brown rice is a good choice. The difference in macros is slight between brown rice & they will both give you plenty of good carbohydrates. Brown rice is loaded with various nutrients and provides health benefits.
Eggs are a well-known source of protein. Increase your muscle mass by eating three eggs in your breakfast. Another important thing about eggs is their fat content, this can help you as you work out, since too will be burning fat and not muscle.
Cottage cheese isn’t something that you should be taken lightly. This dairy product is very useful when it comes to building and maintaining muscle mass. This is mainly due to the amount of protein it contains. Cottage cheese generally contains way more protein than yogurt. So, when it comes to retaining muscle mass, cottage cheese is definitely a better option.
Spinach is a powerhouse vegetable contains three different types of vitamins A, B& C. This vitamin helps to build muscle in your body. Vitamins C in particular also helps to strengthen the bones.
Fish is an excellent source because its usually low in fat. Fish such as salmon is a little higher in fat, but it is heart-healthy kind it has omega 3 fatty acids like other fish tuna. Tuna is also very high in various nutrients & contains a decent amount of omega 3.
Chicken is one of the most popular protein-rich food. If you eat it without the skin the majority of calories in it come from the protein. Chicken is also very easy to cock & taste delicious if you do it right.
This is a complete guide for those men who want to achieve their bodybuilding goals this year. You should keep these points in mind and focus on the overall development of your mind, body, and soul to get into a better shape.